Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some photos - April 28

These are a few shots from the last town in Laos I was in - Nha Khect or something like that.





The first picture here is of my pack and cap in my sleeper bus seat. The bus only holds 24 people, with one side having 2 seats, and the other side having just one. My seat is the single.

Next picture is of steps leading up from Mekong River ferry landing to immigration into Thailand..






.
.
.


Then a shot of the immigration office while I was in line. Glad there was a little English on display.









This is a picture from inside the ferry. It is a little wooden boat, but the ride only takes 5 minutes or so.



.lets get down to other pictures.
.Here is a picture of my hotel, and then a picture of a home - not a store. Many of these homes are also stores, but some are just homes.
.
And then there is my all time favorite TRASH CAN
made of used tires.

I'm In Chiang Rai now, and had very good meetings
with some friends about
some upcoming trips in this area and even
up into Burma.

Tomorrow morning I leave by bus for Bangkok. I had hoped to take a night sleeper bus but they were all full for the next two days at least. So I decided to just take a day bus, hopefully - VIP. I'm not sure how long the trip is. We'll see.

With buses filling up, trains over booked, and politics in Bangkok getting interesting, I decided to go ahead and get into the city - although I am 2 days early!!
later - from Bangkok




No comments:

Post a Comment